Sunday 28 July 2013

Lovers End but Love is Eternal



I recently finished reading The Celestine Prophecy written by James Redfield. The insights in this book read all to true for me. At one part of the book the author talks about the struggle for power that humans can have. Redfield said that you can leave a conversation and you either feel elated and strong or weak and powerless.  I find this true and it is due to an energy exchange that is happening. If people cut themselves off from the eternal source of energy that comes from being open and appreciative of the beauty all around us at all times then the only other way to recharge is to steal others energy.
  
I have found that dealing with my injury I have become extremely sensitive to people’s words and to the energy they emit. There was one time when a stranger was talking aggressively to me and I just started crying. I gave into this person’s drama. He was playing an intimidator role and I automatically fell into the poor me role. When in response I should bring his actions to consciousness. I am learning to open myself up to the endless supply of energy. It has been a journey these last few years but I have always had sports as a way to top myself up with energy. Sports are based on a struggle for power, who is the top dog? There is the desire to control and dominate each other in order to “win the game” and I have taken this mentality into everything I do. I placed way too much importance and sourced too much of my confidence from my physical capacity. It has been frustrating but perhaps a blessing in disguise to learn how to love myself unconditionally. Love that has no reason, love that has no parametres and love that exists because I am open this endless supply of earth’s beauty!

Redfield then began talking about romantic relationships. During these romantic relationships people can gain addictions to each other however this is not a recipe for a relationship of longevity. If two people are one half circle on their own they will come together and basically form one whole person. The energy that is exchanged between them is large at the beginning and there is what I know of as the “honeymoon” phase. But his honeymoon phase comes to an end because the energy that is just going back and forth between the couple dissipates. However during this time of addiction to one another each person has shut themselves off from receiving the earth’s supply of energy. Now the couple falls into noticeable patterns of the struggle for power. To avoid addiction to one another people should only come together when on their own they are a full circle; they have unconditional love for themselves. Then when two full circles come together they form a sort of super being; two beings that vibrate separately on their own and when together there is limitless energy being circulated. 

I know that is a cliché line, “to love one oneself unconditionally before loving another person” but it is in good reason that we hear this so often. Even if the lovers are to come to an end there is that eternal love vibrating within to allow one to always feel whole!

No comments:

Post a Comment